Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekends...=D

Was a nice weekend. Stayed over at my gf's place and went out with their family. Yea I know, you can say I'm like thick faced and cheap enough to do that, but what better choice do I have? I don't owned my own apartment or car to pick her up anytime, and on saturday it was her elder sis singing competition. So best thing is to join their crowd.

Sunday didn't end that well though, there was some arguments between her mother and the sisters because of the Kiwanis club issue. Well I do think that it's a nice exposure for the children in the society thing, but if they were to be force at going the meetings, then it wouldn't be good for them. Injustice, not respecting their rights, abuse, lack of freedom and such. Imagine sending your kid to a piano lessons when he hates piano. He'll grow up hating piano and you as well...

True, such things happen, but sometimes parents do not see it. The best they can do actually is to encourage their children to volunteer themselves and to tell them the benefits. Instill in them at a young age and don't pamper or be around them too much, as they learn not to be independent and stick to you...

If I'm a father one day, I would discipline my kids at a young age. Let them join all sort of healthy activities and sports. And making them love it...

Maybe parents these days have been too lenient, and the "dont-bother" type of attitude... More proactive is the way to go...sitting down watching tv and reading newspapers wont help your children be future leaders when they are out there in the world one day.

No comments: