Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why wanna worry so much? =)

Have you ever wonder why we worry? why we keep thinking stuffs over and over again... why can't we just let things be at times?

Recently a friend of mine is going through that... I tried all my effort and strength to help her but it seems not to be working... I wonder what else can I do? Answer: nothing, I can only continue to console her till she wakes up and be strong. (prayer also needs the receiver to help themselves, if not God won't help them).

Worries, is something that we put the burden on ourselves. Let's say we worry how are the results gonna be? how is that car loan gonna get settled? Am I gonna get that increment or not? Is the job I really wanting coming my way?

Ans for 1: you've already sat for the exam, it is too late now but to await the results.

Ans for 2: It's all about the management babeh... no $$ management then sorry, u need to ask help from someone. Live according to how you earn.

Ans for 3: Work smart and hard and proof yourself, nothing else to say =D (if company sucks here, move on)

Ans for 4: Sometimes the job you want, is really like destiny. As long you try your best applying for the jobs you are keen on, the rest is really up to God to decide what's best for you =) That's how my eldest sis advice me before: "if it's really yours, it will be yours." (applies to your life partner and such things as a job)

See.. all the above don't need to worry. But people still insist want to worry, want to think? Why wanna make things so complicated? why wanna burden those who care and love for you? Just because you worry for things that are actually simple, and coz you don't know the outcome of it?

Taken from the Bible, Matthew 6:24-34, as below:
24 'No one can be the slave of two masters: he will either hate the first and love the second, or be attached to the first and despise the second. You cannot be the slave both of God and of money.
25 'That is why I am telling you not to worry about your life and what you are to eat, nor about your body and what you are to wear. Surely life is more than food, and the body more than clothing!
26 Look at the birds in the sky. They do not sow or reap or gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they are?
27 Can any of you, however much you worry, add one single cubit to your span of life?

28 And why worry about clothing? Think of the flowers growing in the fields; they never have to work or spin;
29 yet I assure you that not even Solomon in all his royal robes was clothed like one of these.
30 Now if that is how God clothes the wild flowers growing in the field which are there today and thrown into the furnace tomorrow, will he not much more look after you, you who have so little faith?
31 So do not worry; do not say, "What are we to eat? What are we to drink? What are we to wear?"
32 It is the gentiles who set their hearts on all these things. Your heavenly Father knows you need them all.

33 Set your hearts on his kingdom first, and on God's saving justice, and all these other things will be given you as well.
34 So do not worry about tomorrow: tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'


The above has a significant meaning in my life, as there was once in my down time in life, I have worried a lot, till it affected my health. That was before I converted to Christianity. And yes I was stunned when I first read and meditate on it, as it is very significant and important in our lives: Jesus' commandment for us not to worry. As I'm sure the Son of God knows better about heaven, earth and life then anyone else if he has been with the Father since the beginning of creation.



So don't worry, chill, relax and live the one and only life you are having now. Make the best use of it, for God, and for the better of others and yourself too ;)



No comments: