Thursday, June 14, 2007

Maxis

It's the first time I've wrote something about my latest job in Maxis. So be prepared, it's gonna be long.

Maxis, a name many people have regarded as one of the best telcos in Malaysia. Even I myself thought so.

But within 6 months of working here since February till now and resigning next month, July...

First thing to say... it isn't easy working at Maxis. A few times I was totally burned out and feel like just giving up on the whole thing. These few days I had even took an "evening nap" because I didn't had enough rest and super tired (tho I slept around 11-12 these 3 days, I figure the best is still before 11. But so little time? My only free time is doing stuffs at night)

It really opened my eyes to the goodness of working at Intel last time, and even at Nike. As even the pay was low in Nike, I really had fun and made lots of new friends + understanding what nike is all about. It even made me loved the brand alot.

Maxis is a diffrent story. There are many perspectives and angles that you can look at it. First off, the telco industry in Malaysia is a very challenging one... Just see how Digi and Maxis compete with each other, and yea don't look down on Celcom..there are lots of Malays who use them in the east coast. To tell the truth, I didn't enjoy my work at Maxis. It could be caused by the pressure and environment and lack of growth...somehow many things are missing. It is as if a wet towel has been squeezed till it is beyond dry....

Ya know... I learnt that the most important part of work is not complaining that it sux... becoz if u do...you'll find that all jobs sucks. It's life. Just as long you can look forward to your work each morning without much complaining, it's already considered ok. I always wonder why people who get good jobs in Intel, IBM keep saying they wanna quit and look for better.... wait till you come over to my position as customer care in Maxis... har...then u'll know.

Talking to people everyday till the lips run dry...having customers that sometimes ask really ridiculous and lengthy questions. Customers scolding Maxis (in turn scolding you). Not having your own work privacy. Everyone including customers can see you... a short tempered supervisor and colleague. Extreme pressure from the management above... Call the departments (eg HR, Maxis Collections, GSM) and you might sometimes even get rude tones from them if they are having a bad day/or you bother them for some tiny matter... Making endless reports (as the reports quota is 100% for each customer you press, nuts? no.. it's a target, go below 55% and you'll get flamed by the supervisor). Things can get pretty unbearable and stressful...

So anyone with a better position wanna swap jobs with me? if you don't want to, value your jobs. Being young it's always worth-while to work a bit harder and take up some flames. Just learn to sit back and chill.

Appreciate the good jobs you have. End.

No comments: